This list of gift ideas for the men in your life ranges from affordable to expensive. The items on this page lean more towards the quality side of things, which means they will probably cost more than their knock-off counterparts at the dollar store, but I’m a big believer in buying quality – spend more to spend less, if you will. Quality products almost always last longer to do their job better than lower quality products.
No matter what your budget is, you don’t have much time left to shop! There aren’t many shopping days left until Christmas, and one of the best ways to overspend on anything (quality or otherwise) is to wait till the last minute to make your purchases.
Procrastinating and shopping last minute means you face two obstacles: first, you don’t have the luxury of taking your time to shop around for the best price. Second, you’re limited with where you can shop and what you can purchase based on whatever inventory the stores have left on their shelves.
Hopefully this list of gift ideas for men and boys will help you overcome both of those potential obstacles. In addition to holiday shopping, this list should also be good for birthdays, an anniversary, graduation, Father’s Day, or any other occasion where you need to get a gift for the men in your life.
These have been grouped by price, ranging from ‘affordable’ to ‘expensive’, starting with gifts under $25.00. So, without further ado, here’s a list of gift ideas for the guys in your life.
Table of Contents
AFFORDABLE GIFT IDEAS UNDER $25 FOR MEN AND BOYS
1. JENGA with handwritten compliments on each piece for your man. I received this as a gift for my 40th birthday and it’s one of the best gifts I’ve ever received. My wife collected thoughts and compliments from our family and wrote them on each wooden piece (if you do this, you’ll also need a fine tip sharpie pen!). Whenever we play, I get to see these kind words from those that mean the most to me. This gift idea appears first on my list for a reason – I love it, and your guy will too.
2. This VINTAGE BOTTLE OPENER is just cool to have in the house or man cave. The cast iron material has a distinctive vintage look and it’s sturdy. This inexpensive give will outlast me, you, and your man. Plus, it just cool to pop open a bottle on this thing.
3. A TOILETRIES BAG might not be the sexiest gift he’ll ever get, but it might be one of the most useful. All of his grooming products in a single spot, rather than in multiple bathroom drawers and closets, makes getting ready in the morning that much easier. No more searching for nail clippers! Traveling will also be easier with this simple gift.
4. The COLLAPSIBLE LED LANTERNS are cool, functional, and extremely bright. They are also small and easy to store away until you need them. They’re lightweight and good for car camping as well as backyard and living room sleepovers with the kids. We love ours!
5. A MAGAZINE SUBSCRIPTION is the gift that keeps on giving all year round. I’ve both given and received magazine subscription in the past and they’re always a hit.
6. Every guy should know and be able to perform at least one magic trick. COIN TRICKS and CARD TRICKS are easy to learn and perform. He’ll be a hit at family gatherings and with your nieces and nephews as well 🙂
7. Every guy should also have a handful of jokes at the ready. If only there was a COLLECTION OF JOKES that every guy should know… oh wait – there is!
8. Yes, every guy should also be able to cook a healthy and delicious meal. Really, he should have a handful of go-to meals which he can bust out to impress his family and friends. Give him this COOK BOOK to help him out.
9. A FERRO ROD is a camping and survival tool. Striking the rod with steel creates a shower of sparks at 5,500º F allowing you to create a fire in any conditions. Perfect for backpacking, hiking, camping, hunting, fishing, and boy scouts.
AFFORDABLE GIFT IDEAS UNDER $50 FOR MEN AND BOYS
1. Who doesn’t love (and need) a LEATHERMAN MULTIPURPOSE TOOL? 17 tools in one – this really is a must-own product for any guy (or gal!). Perfect for small jobs around the house, to leave in the glove box of your car, or to toss in your toolbox, a Leatherman is a great gift idea.
2. Who couldn’t use a quality FLASHLIGHT? These Mag lights are perfect around the house and garage. These are used by police and fire departments across the globe for a reason: because they’re high quality, reliable, very bright, and practically indestructible….just like your guy!
3. A WATCH BOX is a great way to display your timepiece. Where do guys usually keep their watches? On the kitchen counter, on your chest of drawers. On something – a watch display case will give him a place to store his watches. I have one and I love it.
4. A top grain QUALITY LEATHER BELT should be in every man’s wardrobe. A top grain leather belt will last significantly longer than the cheap synthetic material belts you’ll find at most department stores. They cost a few dollars more, but you’ll need to replace it far less often.
5. A high quality leather WALLET WITH RFID PROTECTION should be standard for most men. This particular minimalist wallet is slim and good looking. It also has RFID protection, which prevents thieves from scanning your chipped driver license, ID card, and credit and debit cards.
6. The YETI RAMBLER is the Goldilocks of thermoses. Some get so hot that you can hardly hold onto them, others are insulated so poorly that your drink doesn’t stay hot (or cold) for very long. Not so with this YETI. This is definitely the Cadillac of thermoses. Your ice won’t melt for 10+ hours, and your coffee will stay hot for as long as you want to sip it and the YETI doesn’t sweat at all either.
7. This set of stainless steel BBQ TOOLS FOR THE GRILL are a great gift. Who couldn’t use a new set of tools for the grill? This set won’t rust or crack which means you’ll get many year of service out of these tools!
8. An EVERYDAY CARRY POCKET KNIFE comes in handy more than you probably realize and this particular knife is ideal for multitasking. The hardened steel blade wont’ rust and won’t lose it’s edge. The pocket clip and locking blade make it great as an everyday pocket knife.
9. A TIE BOX (also great for storing belts!) let’s your man get his ties off of the hanger where they get snags can crease in funny ways. Ties are expensive – show pride of ownership with this stylish gift.
AFFORDABLE GIFT IDEAS UNDER $100 FOR MEN AND BOYS
1. A solid DAYPACK/BACKPACK is one of those versatile objects that guys can use almost every day. Whether it’s used to haul to your laptop to and from work, packing supplies to the kids’ soccer game, or loaded up with granola bars and water bottles for a day hike, this daypack from The North Face is good looking, had plenty of space to carry things, and has a lifetime guarantee.
2. Get your guy a FULL ZIP HOODIE with his favorite team. It’s a can’t miss gift for the sports loving guy in your life.
3. This is one of those products that you should own, but hope to never use: jumper cables or, better yet, a PORTABLE BATTERY PACK. I have both, but I only carry the battery pack these days. It’s just what it sounds like, but it carries enough juice to jump start a car. It also comes in handy when the power in your home goes out since it can recharge your phone and other electronic devices. It even has a flashlight built in!
4. I’ve written about the need for this before, but every household should have an EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS KIT. Every man I know of is very concerned about the safety of his family – this kit will allow him to keep his a family of 4 going for 3 days in case of an emergency, natural disaster, extended power outage, etc.
5. Pull all of those old birthday and anniversary cards, old concert tickets, and other mementos out of that old shoe box, and put in them in a MEMORY BOX instead. This is something you can keep on a shelf, rather than in a closet, so that he can enjoy old memories more often.
6. Many guys spend more waking hours at work than we do at home. That sucks! (it’s also why I’m working so hard to buy my freedom!), but if we’ve got to be at work, why not make it feel like home a little bit with a DIGITAL PICTURE FRAME, loaded with pictures of family, friends, vacations, and generally all things not work related. I have one at my desk and I love it.
7. A CAST IRON SKILLET is great for the man that likes to cook. This bad boy can be put in an oven, on his grill, or over a campfire. Perfect for the guy that loves to cook, camp, and whip up a hearty breakfast on the weekends.
8. This CAMELBAK is great for the guy that likes to get outside for a few hours whenever he can. And what guy doesn’t like to do that?
9. Who doesn’t want to get under a toasty warm ELECTRIC BLANKET when temperatures outside are freezing?! This queen size blanket is big enough for you and your guy to cozy up together!
MORE GIFT IDEAS FOR MEN AND BOYS UNDER $200
1. Every guy should own a nice, good QUALITY WATCH. Quality doesn’t need to cost you thousands of dollars for something like a Rolex, but it should be a bit nicer than the watch from a mall kiosk. This is a great looking, high quality watch for under $200. Perfect.
2. Who doesn’t need tools? If your guy is just staring to build out his tool set, then consider getting him this MIXED 210 PIECE SET. If your guy already has a good set of tools, then consider giving him this DeWALT DRILL & IMPACT DRIVER COMBO. I have this set and use it all the time. Both the 210 piece set and the power tools are quality and will last forever with a little care.
3. If you’ve got tools, then you need a tool box. If you’ve got more than just a few tools, then you need a TOOL STORAGE CHEST.
4. HIKING BOOTS aren’t just made for hiking. They’re great for cold weather days, doing yard work, and walking to work in the rain. I own these boots. I love these boots. These are the only boots I’ll ever buy (probably).
5. A nice, lightweight WINDBREAKER should be a staple in every guy’s wardrobe. This particular jacket from The North Face is perfect to wear for most occasions, including the springtime when the temperatures start to climb, as well as when there’s snow on the ground and this jacket is your outer layer. They also look good and can be work to the office or to the grocery store. Most guys will love it – I love mine.
6. The home stereo has largely been replaced by your phone and a set of ear buds. This BOSE BLUETOOTH SPEAKER turns your mobile device back into a home stereo system! Portable, so you can use it in the kitchen, your bathroom, in your backyard or in the garage. Loud, clear, and booming sounds from such a small box.
7. Every guy should own a good pair of SUNGLASSES. Everyone has different styles, so pick the pair that suites your guy’s tastes from this list of Ray-Ban sunglasses.
8. Yes, a basketball. Besides being a great game, basketball is great exercise when you’re playing 1 on 1 with your buddies, or having pickup game at the gym. This OFFICIAL NBA BASKETBALL ain’t cheap, but it’s as nice as basketballs come. Please note that this is an indoor only ball – if your guy is going to play outside at the park or in your driveway, then get this OUTDOOR BALL instead.
MORE GIFT IDEAS FOR MEN AND BOYS UNDER $300
1. If your man makes protein shakes, fruit smoothies, juices veggies and fruits, or wants to make an ice cream shake (that’s what I’d use it for!) then you can’t beat a BLENDER FROM BLENDTEC. These commercial grade blenders for your home will blend anything you want. Just look at the reviews on this machine!
2. Most new flat screen TVs look amazing, but lack in sound quality. A nice SOUND BAR will take your sound quality from weak to booming! The difference is noticeable, especially when watching sporting events and action movies. It’s like a mini-theater experience in your living room. What guy wouldn’t love that?!
3. While we’re talking sound – these BOSE WIRELESS NOISE CANCELLING HEADPHONES have been on my wish list for a while. Because they’re from Bose you know the sound quality is excellent. And the noise cancelling feature is perfect for tuning out at work so you can focus on the task at hand, and traveling with these would be great as well.
A great gift doesn’t need to cost a lot of money. Just giving him something that he’d like, but probably otherwise wouldn’t buy for himself is what makes a great gift!
Disclaimer: This page is full of affiliate links. If you follow one of the links on this page and purchase an item, you won’t pay a penny more, but this blog will make a small commission.
Thanks for reading – I hope this sparked a few ideas for you!
Am I missing any ‘must-have’ ideas from this list? Do you have a blog with your own list of gifts for him or her? If so, leave a comment with a link back to your own page so that all of us shopping procrastinators can quickly find some great gift ideas! 🙂 If you like what you read on Get Rich Quick’ish, leave your email address here and get new posts delivered to your inbox. You can also share this post on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest by clicking the icons below. Thanks for reading!