Thank you for considering guest posting on Get Rich Quick’ish. I’m sincerely flattered that you’re interested! I get contacted almost daily by people that would like to guest post here, and for the first year of this blog’s existence I’ve politely declined all requests. But now that I’ve got a better idea of what it is I want this blog’s voice to be I’m ready to open things up a bit.
If you are interested in contributing please check out these guidelines. Then, if you’re still interested and think we might work well together, please contact me thought the site with your idea or proposal.
GUEST POST TOPICS
This blog talks about ways for the average John and Jane Dough to Get Rich Quick’ish. Post ideas should revolve around these general themes:
- Spending less than you earn.
- Debt avoidance and elimination.
- Early Retirement.
- Financial Independence.
- Personal Independence.
- Financial Education.
You get the idea. If you’re planning to submit a post, please ensure that it centers around one (or all) of these ideas.
Here are a couple of examples of guest posts that I’ve published:
- Why High Schools & Colleges Need To Start Requiring Personal Finance Education.
- Pull Yourself Up Financially And Physically
A few other items to call out:
- First, and most important: don’t make me work hard to publish your post. It’s fair to say I’m somewhat lazy, and if I have to spend time editing and formatting your post I’m probably just going to give up on it and tell you ‘thanks, but this isn’t going to work out.’ All post submissions should be publish ready.
- Interact. If I do publish your post, I’ll promote it via all of my social media channels and newsletter; I expect the same promotion from you.
- Unique posts only. Only unique posts will be accepted. In other words, I’m not interested in re-posting articles or infographics that exist on other sites already.
- Business opportunity. I won’t publish posts that solicit my readers for business opportunities of any kind. There’s nothing wrong with a good business opportunity, but this isn’t the forum for that.
- Spam. Spam is great with eggs, but for the purpose of this site, can it.
- Affiliate links. Guest posting here isn’t an opportunity for you to drop a bunch of affiliate links. I’ll absolutely link back to your site or your social media channel but I won’t include your affiliate links, although I do reserve the right to include my own if it makes sense (see the next bullet point).
- Ownership. Once published on my blog, I own the content and reserve the right to edit it as I see fit.
- Compensation. I don’t pay for articles.
- Images. If you include images, please be sure you have the rights to use them. Provide me with a link back to the source or some other proof that you have the right to use the image.
- Non–Financial Bloggers. Bloggers outside of the personal finance world are absolutely welcome here (assuming the post makes sense). An example: a ‘how to’ post about camping on the cheap with your family would be great.
Thanks again for considering guest posting on Get Rich Quick’ish! I hope I haven’t scared you off, but most of the daily requests I get just aren’t a good fit and I hope this page will weed out those types of requests. Thanks!